• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Building Permit/Covenants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

greatdane

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I have a two part question...
1) Typically when a person/builder applies for a building permit
for a single family home, what should be submitted in addition
to the application? For instance, a survey, plot plan, etc...

2) What are examples of covenants and whose duty is it to disclose any covenants when buying new construction?

I thank you in advance. We are having a bit of a legal nightmare with non-disclosure issues. This will be helpful in my (never-ending) ongoing research.

lwpat

The answer to your first question depends entirely upon what was required at the time of the application by the local building codes. They are the only ones that can answer your question.
A typical application includes a site plan with dimensions from the property lines and a full set of plans and specifications.

Covenants can take on many forms. There can be deed restrictions from prior transfers, subdivision restrictions, HOA bylaws, local and state restrictions. The seller is normally obligated to disclose any restrictions of which he has knowledge. This would depend on state law in effect at the time of transfer.
Was there a title search?

You need to retain local real estate attorney to review the documents and advise you.

HomeGuru

greatdane said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I have a two part question...
1) Typically when a person/builder applies for a building permit
for a single family home, what should be submitted in addition
to the application? For instance, a survey, plot plan, etc...

**A: contact your local building department.
2) What are examples of covenants and whose duty is it to disclose any covenants when buying new construction?

**A: search CC&R's. Any deed restrictions and CC&R's should be reflected in your title report.

I thank you in advance. We are having a bit of a legal nightmare with non-disclosure issues. This will be helpful in my (never-ending) ongoing research.

**A: state the exact problem with disclosure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">