• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get back my $1500 Ernest money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Qfrank

What is the name of your state? GA

I would like to purchase a home from a local builder. The builder has about 30 lots left for sale in the subdivision that I am interested in.

There are 4 lots that I am specifically interested in because they are on a cul-de-sac and the back of the lots adjoin with protected woodland.

I feel some urgency to place the required $1500 ernest money down to reserve one of these lots. However, I am in the military and may be moved to a different base in 4-6 months.

I am working with my military branch manager who is about 80% sure that I will be able to stay at my current location.

I want to put down the ernest money and reserve the lot of my choice, however if the unlikely happens and I am assigned to a different base is there any chance for me to recover the 1500 dollars of ernest money?

Also how would I write in a clause that would allow me to get my money back?

Thank you for any advice!!!
:)

HomeGuru

Qfrank said:
What is the name of your state? GA

I would like to purchase a home from a local builder. The builder has about 30 lots left for sale in the subdivision that I am interested in.

There are 4 lots that I am specifically interested in because they are on a cul-de-sac and the back of the lots adjoin with protected woodland.

I feel some urgency to place the required $1500 ernest money down to reserve one of these lots. However, I am in the military and may be moved to a different base in 4-6 months.

I am working with my military branch manager who is about 80% sure that I will be able to stay at my current location.

I want to put down the ernest money and reserve the lot of my choice, however if the unlikely happens and I am assigned to a different base is there any chance for me to recover the 1500 dollars of ernest money?

Also how would I write in a clause that would allow me to get my money back?

Thank you for any advice!!!
:)
**A: Ernest the attorney should be able to help you.

Qfrank

ernest the attoney?

I am new to this forum, who is Ernest the Attorney?
Are you simply saying get an attorney to write the contract?

HomeGuru

Qfrank said:
I am new to this forum, who is Ernest the Attorney?

**A: there is a law firm made up of partners, Bert and Ernest or Ernie for short.
Earnest money is spelled as such.
Are you simply saying get an attorney to write the contract?
**A: yes, simply says as simply does.

signed,
Simple Simon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">