• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Get Deposit Back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dkransi

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Six weeks ago I signed an agreement with a construction company to put on a new roof. I gave them the stipulated 1/2 down ($2550 in CASH) and received a written receipt for the money. As of this date the work has not begun. When I go to his house to find out why I am given the run-around with one excuse after another. What should I do to get that $2550 deposit back?
:mad:

HomeGuru

dkransi said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

Six weeks ago I signed an agreement with a construction company to put on a new roof. I gave them the stipulated 1/2 down ($2550 in CASH) and received a written receipt for the money. As of this date the work has not begun. When I go to his house to find out why I am given the run-around with one excuse after another. What should I do to get that $2550 deposit back?
:mad:
**A: what did the state contractors license board and the consumer protection office tell you to do?

M

man-o-man

Did the contract have a "starting date" or "date of completion" specified? :confused:

D

dkransi

HomeGuru said:
**A: what did the state contractors license board and the consumer protection office tell you to do?
Talk about a babe in the woods. I don't even know what a state contractors license board or the consumer protection office is :confused: What should be my first step, please.

HomeGuru

dkransi said:
Talk about a babe in the woods. I don't even know what a state contractors license board or the consumer protection office is :confused: What should be my first step, please.
**A: ok, babe, get out of the woods. Get out that phone book or call your state information office. Then when you find out and make the calls, tell us more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">