• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue a subcontractor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djobar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota. Last year I hired a contractor to replace my windows. Subsequently he said he could also do my driveway as well so I said okay seeing as how I could finance everything together. Long story short, the driveway is a piece of crap, cracking, scaling, and pop-outs everywhere and the thickness is less than four inches. The subcontractor he used just did a horrible job. So I contacted the original contractor about the problem seeing as I was told I had a 2 year warranty, he/they informed me they are out of business. He did give me the subs info, upon contacting him I was told it wasn't his problem and that he only warrantied his work for a year. I'm upset to say the least. I paid 14g's for a piece of crap driveway. Can I sue the sub? What recourse do I have? Any advice would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.

djobar

Um Thanks, however after searching google I cannot find a solid answer to my question. If you could direct me to an article/website that would be helpful. Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Um Thanks, however after searching google I cannot find a solid answer to my question. If you could direct me to an article/website that would be helpful. Thanks
Sue all entities involved. The contractor's company, the contractor individually, the subcontractor's company and the subcontractor individually.

Then you've got all your bases covered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">