+ Reply to Thread

Can I sue a subcontractor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota. Last year I hired a contractor to replace my windows. Subsequently he said he could also do my driveway as well so I said okay seeing as how I could finance everything together. Long story short, the driveway is a piece of crap, cracking, scaling, and pop-outs everywhere and the thickness is less than four inches. The subcontractor he used just did a horrible job. So I contacted the original contractor about the problem seeing as I was told I had a 2 year warranty, he/they informed me they are out of business. He did give me the subs info, upon contacting him I was told it wasn't his problem and that he only warrantied his work for a year. I'm upset to say the least. I paid 14g's for a piece of crap driveway. Can I sue the sub? What recourse do I have? Any advice would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.

Sue them all -

Um Thanks, however after searching google I cannot find a solid answer to my question. If you could direct me to an article/website that would be helpful. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djobar View Post
    Um Thanks, however after searching google I cannot find a solid answer to my question. If you could direct me to an article/website that would be helpful. Thanks
    Sue all entities involved. The contractor's company, the contractor individually, the subcontractor's company and the subcontractor individually.

Then you've got all your bases covered.

+ Reply to Thread