• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change in Plans

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pmhawks

What is the name of your state? Iowa
the builder screwed up in the construction of the built in bookshelves around the fireplace and they are now changing the plans. the bookshelves will no longer be 3 ft. but 4 ft. and will alter the layout of the room. is there any potential for breach of contract? i have looked at the purchase agreement and there is no section spelling out conditions for breach of contract. and if there is breach of contract can we require the builder to pay for the upgrades that we did outside of closing?

HomeGuru

pmhawks said:
What is the name of your state? Iowa
the builder screwed up in the construction of the built in bookshelves around the fireplace and they are now changing the plans. the bookshelves will no longer be 3 ft. but 4 ft. and will alter the layout of the room. is there any potential for breach of contract? i have looked at the purchase agreement and there is no section spelling out conditions for breach of contract. and if there is breach of contract can we require the builder to pay for the upgrades that we did outside of closing?
**A: I do not see how there could be substantial damage to you. Just buy more books.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">