• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charged for fill w/o notification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wtina

What is the name of your state? WI.

When we wre billed for excavation on our new construction home there was an added charge of $6,000.00 for fill that we did not know about and did not approve. Is this legal , must we pay?

HomeGuru

wtina said:
What is the name of your state? WI.

When we wre billed for excavation on our new construction home there was an added charge of $6,000.00 for fill that we did not know about and did not approve. Is this legal , must we pay?
**A: you really need to provide us a little more information.

wtina

More info on unauthorized fill

WI.

We are building a new house. When we reviewed the bill from the excavator there was a charge for $6,000.00 labeled fill. This was over and above the original bid.

The sub-contactor decided to add aprox. 65 loads. We did not know about it untill after it was done. We think we should have been informed. We could have considered alterantives. 1. conact nearby builders for free or low cost fill. 2. changed the contours of the yard. 3. put out a sign for free fill as a nieghbor successfully did. 4. do price comparisons for other sources.

In short we think he spent our money without our permisson.
I hope this a more complete description of our problem. I'm new to the internet, sorry for the incomplete info. last time! Thanks for the help!!!

HomeGuru

wtina said:
WI.

We are building a new house. When we reviewed the bill from the excavator there was a charge for $6,000.00 labeled fill. This was over and above the original bid.

The sub-contactor decided to add aprox. 65 loads. We did not know about it untill after it was done. We think we should have been informed. We could have considered alterantives. 1. conact nearby builders for free or low cost fill. 2. changed the contours of the yard. 3. put out a sign for free fill as a nieghbor successfully did. 4. do price comparisons for other sources.

In short we think he spent our money without our permisson.
I hope this a more complete description of our problem. I'm new to the internet, sorry for the incomplete info. last time! Thanks for the help!!!

**A: you need an atorney to review your contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">