• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Check Cashed.......No Permit!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hicktown

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I recently applied for a building and driveway permit (going on 3 weeks) from my town and have yet to get approval. In order to get my building permit from the selectmans office (no building inspector) I must get approval for a driveway (road access) permit. The Chairman of the Planning Board has refused to contact me regarding the access and will not return my calls. In the mean time...the town has cashed my check for the permits and has told me I need to wait for the Chairman to contact me when he see's fit. Seeing they cashed my check......I feel they owe me the permit! Any advice would be appreciated. :eek:

HomeGuru

Hicktown said:
What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I recently applied for a building and driveway permit (going on 3 weeks) from my town and have yet to get approval. In order to get my building permit from the selectmans office (no building inspector) I must get approval for a driveway (road access) permit. The Chairman of the Planning Board has refused to contact me regarding the access and will not return my calls. In the mean time...the town has cashed my check for the permits and has told me I need to wait for the Chairman to contact me when he see's fit. Seeing they cashed my check......I feel they owe me the permit! Any advice would be appreciated. :eek:
**A: be patient.

H

Hicktown

Usually checks are not cashed while pending approval.......The silly part is that the road I'm applying for access to is a private road (my own).

HomeGuru

Hicktown said:
Usually checks are not cashed while pending approval.......The silly part is that the road I'm applying for access to is a private road (my own).
**A: does the planning board have an office? Is there an office that has jursidiction over this board like the Mayor or city council?

H

Hicktown

That seems to be the unanswered question.....the town selectman has requested I write a letter of complaint outlining my situation. I submitted it this morning to the selectman for him to address the planning board tonight. There is some serious back woods politics going on here. The town population is under 2000 people and is starting to experience new growth. The planning board chairman has refered to newcomers as "flatlanders". I thought I had traveled back in time with that statement. The chairman works out of his home and also operates an excavation company. :confused:

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Hicktown said:
That seems to be the unanswered question.....the town selectman has requested I write a letter of complaint outlining my situation. I submitted it this morning to the selectman for him to address the planning board tonight. There is some serious back woods politics going on here. The town population is under 2000 people and is starting to experience new growth. The planning board chairman has refered to newcomers as "flatlanders". I thought I had traveled back in time with that statement. :confused:

**A: tell him that he will be a flatliner if he does not follow up on your permit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">