• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Client problems with payment....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

handygurl

What is the name of your state? California

Hello,

I have a client who has suggested they owe me 1/5th of what i'm actually owed. i have been advised to cease communication and file a mechanics lien immediately. and i have been advised just to try to talk it out and not file any legal action that would incite them further. the advice comes from others in the industry, not attorneys.

please advise me on whether or not i should be in communication with them, continuing forward with fulfilling their requests for information regarding my work, cease communication, file a lien or not, or what?

thanks very much....

JETX

If the discussion appear to be moving towards a resolution, continue talking. However, if the discussion is merely bickering, file a lawsuit.

HomeGuru

I agree and further advise that you need to set a deadline by which the matter must be settled or file litigation/lien.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">