• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting on an Arbitration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HawkeyeDon

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I recently won an Arbitration for over $11,000 against a contractor who built an addition on my residence, but the Block Foundation, is caving in slowly. My problem is that the contractor has now gone out of business and was incorporated. He did not pay the judgement. I don't have alot of money to go after him. Someone told me to register my Arbitration "Pro Ce" or "Pro Say", or something like that, to give it more clout. Where do I do this, and what should my next step be?

*NOTE* In Massachusetts, if I persue all avenues to collect and he doesn't pay, or if he declares corporate bankruptcy, I can then get up to $10,000 from the Homebuilder's Assoc., which he was a member of.

HomeGuru

HawkeyeDon said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I recently won an Arbitration for over $11,000 against a contractor who built an addition on my residence, but the Block Foundation, is caving in slowly. My problem is that the contractor has now gone out of business and was incorporated. He did not pay the judgement. I don't have alot of money to go after him. Someone told me to register my Arbitration "Pro Ce" or "Pro Say", or something like that, to give it more clout. Where do I do this, and what should my next step be?

*NOTE* In Massachusetts, if I persue all avenues to collect and he doesn't pay, or if he declares corporate bankruptcy, I can then get up to $10,000 from the Homebuilder's Assoc., which he was a member of.
**A: so take him to court under a debtors examination. Then use the info to collect from the Homebuilder's Association.

H

HawkeyeDon

Please explain, in basic terms, what is involved to "take him to court under a debtors examination. " What is a Debtors Examination"? How much will that cost? Do I still have to register my Arbitration results "Pro Ce"?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

HawkeyeDon said:
Please explain, in basic terms, what is involved to "take him to court under a debtors examination. " What is a Debtors Examination"? How much will that cost? Do I still have to register my Arbitration results "Pro Ce"?

My response:

We're not here to put you through law school.

Go to a law library at your local college and start reading.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">