• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

concrete steps

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mnslns

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I had the front steps to my home replaced by a concrete contractor in 7/02. I began to notice cracking in the concrete shortly after winter began (1/03), and very noticeable cracks had developed by 4/03.

I left a phone message for the contractor in 6/03, to which he did not respond. Through discussions with 3 other contractors who I had view the steps, I have discovered that the contractor who did the the job did not install an adequate foundation for the steps (only put a thin layer of concrete over the base; did not use any type of meshing or steel bars to secure the steps). The contractor has been completely unresponsive to phone messages and a letter. The Better Business Bureau was completely useless.

I am questioning whether or not to pursue this through my local district court, and I am wondering whether or not I have legal grounds for winning my case. The contractor who did the job did not provide me with any type of warranty. I am thinking that my only hope is to find some kind of documentation of the length of time that newly installed concrete steps are expected to last without cracking.

Any advice or pertinent information would be appreciated.
Mike
What is the name of your state?

HomeGuru

JETX, correct but I requested that the writer post in this proper forum, therefore the duplicate is acceptable and meets with my approval.

JETX

Yes, but I made THIS the duplicate post and already moved my response over to the other one.
My 'duplicate' TRUMPS yours! :D

HomeGuru

Holy crap, you did beat me to it.
Ok then, now I'm going to respond in the contracts forum.
You're a fast draw partner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">