• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

construction workers and pets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

law abiding

What is the name of your state? Montana. I live in a 4-plex, a construction crew is building in the lot right next to us. One of the concrete guys brings his blue heeler with him while working there. When we get out of our car the dog is on our driveway positioned and barking at us aggressively. I have asked the man several times to keep the dog out of our yard ,kindly reminding him of the leash law.
One day I came home and my teenage son told me the dog had chased my 7 yr. old daughter into our garage cornering her and barking aggressively. She was crying and frightened.
I confronted the crew for the third time, they made flippant remarks, with one even saying "oh I heard him barking over there , he won't hurt anyone he probably wanted you to throw him a stick " (he didn't even walk over and check on the dog or call him back, the dog could have been attacking my daughter for all he knew). It happened for a fourth time and I said, "call your dog!" again. The owner said to the other guy "put him in the truck and she'll quit -------(itchin with a b in front), followed by "call the f------- police"! -to which I did and the officer spoke to them re: the leash law and how to speak to others. I want to write a letter to the editor re: this, could there be any legal percussions for me?

AnotherAngryGal

So long as you tell the truth your opinions to the local paper are protected.

Yet you might consider if it is worth the reaction you may get from this crew? How much longer will they be there? Can you keep your child on a short leash while they are? The worse thing would be if she were in fact harmed by this dog, of course. When kids are at stake - I do not know why anyone takes a gamble...

law abiding said:
What is the name of your state? Montana. I live in a 4-plex, a construction crew is building in the lot right next to us. One of the concrete guys brings his blue heeler with him while working there. When we get out of our car the dog is on our driveway positioned and barking at us aggressively. I have asked the man several times to keep the dog out of our yard ,kindly reminding him of the leash law.
One day I came home and my teenage son told me the dog had chased my 7 yr. old daughter into our garage cornering her and barking aggressively. She was crying and frightened.
I confronted the crew for the third time, they made flippant remarks, with one even saying "oh I heard him barking over there , he won't hurt anyone he probably wanted you to throw him a stick " (he didn't even walk over and check on the dog or call him back, the dog could have been attacking my daughter for all he knew). It happened for a fourth time and I said, "call your dog!" again. The owner said to the other guy "put him in the truck and she'll quit -------(itchin with a b in front), followed by "call the f------- police"! -to which I did and the officer spoke to them re: the leash law and how to speak to others. I want to write a letter to the editor re: this, could there be any legal percussions for me?
While the crew is on site, call animal control anonymously and report a violation of the leash law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">