• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Price

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Austingel

What is the name of your state? TX

What is the defination of a contract price?

My contract says..
Owner agrees to pay Builder the sum of 201,500 (the Contract Price) as consideration for the construction and completion of the Improvements and teh performance of the Work, subject to adjustment as allowed by this Contract.

The contract doesn't include anything else following except for the allowances sheet. And so far as I understand unless I get an upgrade I shouldn't be charged more. Unless I go overbudget.

For example he said that the plans don't include the mail box, and that I have to pay an extra $400 dollars for that now.

Any thoughts?

John Se

Upgrades at no cost?

you must be kidding, maybe you should just get a second or third story for free!:) How long would you be in business if you didnt charge for new things you gave to customers. Allowances are slightly different, I am guessing thing like cabinets and flooring would be in that category with some baseline cost. so if your baseline was 8 a foot for flooring and you want something more expensive, then that would be an upgrade, ie. cost you more.

Austingel

Exactly.

John Se said:
you must be kidding, maybe you should just get a second or third story for free!:) How long would you be in business if you didnt charge for new things you gave to customers. Allowances are slightly different, I am guessing thing like cabinets and flooring would be in that category with some baseline cost. so if your baseline was 8 a foot for flooring and you want something more expensive, then that would be an upgrade, ie. cost you more.
What I was saying is that if I got upgrades of course that would be additional. But the issue is there have been no upgrades what so ever, I have stayed within the perimiters of the budget. I must have stated it wrong in the post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">