• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract, Specific Performance & Small Claims Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

don abbott

What is the name of your state? I live in CA.

I DO NOT understand your previous response. Your response was NOT an answer -- it was a question. The answer to your question is YES.

I DO NOT have an IDEAL contract. That is, a piece of paper signed by both parties and notorized, wherein a penalty is defined for late performance including legal fees. If I did, I'd have no reason to ask my question.

Since you failed to provide an answer, I hereby restate my question using other words.

Q: Is my written receipt (with the contractors signature and req'd date of completion) a legal contract. Yes or No?

If the answer to the above question is NO, is the above at least partial proof of our VERBAL CONTRACT?

Best Regards,

D

damnhill

Here's what I would do...
I would just fire the guy, (since he already ignored the contract, you might as well tear it up and say "what contract?" if he ever shows up to do the work).. find someone reliable (to the best knowledge one has.. I know it's hard just finding someone to answer their damn voicemail) And instead of wasting time and money on a lawyer to sue this first guy,(who probably won't do much because he probably won't make much money), spend the would-be lawyer money having a lawyer review the new contract with the new contractor before any work begins???

I've had two homes worth of woes and broken dreams, and this is what I'm going to do from now on, personally.

Hope that helps... if not, I'm sorry.

HomeGuru

don abbott said:
What is the name of your state? I live in CA.

I DO NOT understand your previous response. Your response was NOT an answer -- it was a question. The answer to your question is YES.

I DO NOT have an IDEAL contract. That is, a piece of paper signed by both parties and notorized, wherein a penalty is defined for late performance including legal fees. If I did, I'd have no reason to ask my question.

Since you failed to provide an answer, I hereby restate my question using other words.

Q: Is my written receipt (with the contractors signature and req'd date of completion) a legal contract. Yes or No?

If the answer to the above question is NO, is the above at least partial proof of our VERBAL CONTRACT?

Best Regards,
**A: please post to your initial thread when responding to same by using the post reply feature. Do not start a new thread on the same subject matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">