• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor Breached Contract!!!No Permits!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LynCntctr

What is the name of your state? Florida.
:mad: I work/worked for the Contractor to build our house. I just left work for a while since I needed back surgery, he told me by the time I come back to work the drywall would be up in our new house. I just got a call from him 2 days ago and he has not filed for building permits. We also signed a contract before I left and put a little over $10,000.00 down. And he tells me that there isnt any money left, yet he has done nothing for us on our vacant lot we own. Now in the Contract there is a 21 day of breaching a contract, which I feel the Contractor has done not I. Since he just told me about this now. And he did this over the phone. The contract was signed in August 6 2004. Can someone Help me on this issue Please?

HomeGuru

LynCntctr said:
What is the name of your state? Florida.
:mad: I work/worked for the Contractor to build our house. I just left work for a while since I needed back surgery, he told me by the time I come back to work the drywall would be up in our new house. I just got a call from him 2 days ago and he has not filed for building permits. We also signed a contract before I left and put a little over $10,000.00 down. And he tells me that there isnt any money left, yet he has done nothing for us on our vacant lot we own. Now in the Contract there is a 21 day of breaching a contract, which I feel the Contractor has done not I. Since he just told me about this now. And he did this over the phone. The contract was signed in August 6 2004. Can someone Help me on this issue Please?

**A: I don't understand exactly what you are griping about?

L

LynCntctr

No Building Permits...

:mad: The reason I am griping about this is because, he is to take draws from our mortgage after we put our down payment down. Now when I try and call him I cant reach him and no returned phone calls. I do think I have a reason to gripe, since we sold our house and then for a Temporary time I thought, we moved into a Apartment. Its starting to be a inconvenience since we have so much of our other things in a storage facility also.

BelizeBreeze

Now, of course, you're going to come back and answer HG's question specifically, including the terms of the contract you signed with this contractor, the specific actions or inactions that 'breeched' said contract and any other RELEVANT facts instead of "I'm upset".

Or you can take the contract in toto to a local real estate attorney for review and an opinion.

HomeGuru

BelizeBreeze said:
Now, of course, you're going to come back and answer HG's question specifically, including the terms of the contract you signed with this contractor, the specific actions or inactions that 'breeched' said contract and any other RELEVANT facts instead of "I'm upset".

Or you can take the contract in toto to a local real estate attorney for review and an opinion.

**A: I have a dog named Toto and he would like to review the contracts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">