• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor did not pull a permit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trust_is_earned

hello,

I am dealing with a roofing situation were in the signed contract the roofer says they will obtain all the required permits for the job. I even asked him in person about it and he said they would get one. I find out they didn't pull a permit and my roof does not meet the local building codes. Being that it is in the written contract, are they the ones responsible for fixing the problems? Could it come back to me?
Thanks,
Trust

STEPHAN

What country? What state?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Just curious, why did you delete that question?

After seeing your history: PLEASE do not start a new thread for every new question on the same subject. There is already a lot of information about your roof in the other thread.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/construction-renovation-41/contractor-threw-away-my-gutters-615316.html

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">