• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contractor missing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joshua095

What is the name of your state? maine

I signed a contract with a builder to have a home built worth 175,000. I met with the president of the company (builder) and his sales coordinator and we agree on a contract. It consist on a home and the purchase on the land. He was supposed to have purchased the land by know be has not done a thing. I gave a 10,000 (cashier check) as a deposit. It has been two months the company is apprently closed. Nobody answers the phone when I call. His sales coordinator recently called me and told me she had quit the job and that the does not know what is going on w/ the company. What do I do next? Who and Where do I report this? Is their a way to get my money back?

Please Help!!!

HomeGuru

joshua095 said:
What is the name of your state? maine

I signed a contract with a builder to have a home built worth 175,000. I met with the president of the company (builder) and his sales coordinator and we agree on a contract. It consist on a home and the purchase on the land. He was supposed to have purchased the land by know be has not done a thing. I gave a 10,000 (cashier check) as a deposit. It has been two months the company is apprently closed. Nobody answers the phone when I call. His sales coordinator recently called me and told me she had quit the job and that the does not know what is going on w/ the company. What do I do next? Who and Where do I report this? Is their a way to get my money back?

Please Help!!!
**A: contact your state consumer protection office and they will tell you what agency to call.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">