• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor Screwd Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eze1069

I have purchased a town house in Philadelphia PA on a sheriff’s auction as an investment for renting thru a local contractor in Philadelphia.
At that time the contractor showed me auction bought houses he had renovated
The work he showed was satisfactory.
The houses shown had complete renovation including all plumbing, electrical, windows doors, bath, and kitchen and window replacement.
In light of what I have been shown I have agreed to pay to the contractor the sum of $35,000 for the complete renovation as shown and promised.

The purchase and agreement were made in January 2005 with the understanding that the house will be complete and ready by end of March 2005.

Upon inspection of the property in March no major renovation was done.
At the time I was told it’s running a bit late.

Upon inspection in May I found no major renovation were completed and the contractor now states there were no agreement for major renovation.

He also failed to supply me with a detailed list of materials and labor done to the house
As promised originally.

The only documents given were checks he made to his partner for the work being done.

Which seem to me he was laundering my money.

Please let me know were do I stand Legally

Regards,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">