• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor or SubContractor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rod8199

What is the name of your state? Colorado

If work has been completed by an individual working as a sub and no price was ever discussed, who decides how much the bill should be for that job? This may end up in small claims court.

HomeGuru

rod8199 said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

If work has been completed by an individual working as a sub and no price was ever discussed, who decides how much the bill should be for that job? This may end up in small claims court.
**A: I guess I do and I decide that the bill is $500.

R

rod8199

Seriously, should the Sub be able to set the price, or the Contractor?

R

rod8199

Sorry, just trying to keep it short and to the point. I sub-contracted for another sub-contractor never discussing with him the price of the job before I started, I billed him fairly, now he is attempting to adjust my bill, stating that I don't set the price of my bill, that he does based on how much money he made on the job.

HomeGuru

rod8199 said:
Sorry, just trying to keep it short and to the point. I sub-contracted for another sub-contractor never discussing with him the price of the job before I started, I billed him fairly, now he is attempting to adjust my bill, stating that I don't set the price of my bill, that he does based on how much money he made on the job.
**A: then he is correct and the deal is subject to negotiation since you failed to confirm the price and get same in writing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">