• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cONTRACTOR TOOK THE $$$ & DIDNT FINSISH JOB-SHODDY WORK

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

squashmom

Tennessee :mad: What is the name of your state?tennessee
I hired a contractor to build an addition on to our home. Master bed/bath. Have a signed contract with no ending date. Contractor told me it would be approx.3 mos. Gave him initial payment to start work-(Foundation), 2nd payment was to come after framing was completed, all framing wasn't completed but my husband who is disabled-gave him payment. Roof went on & now I have a room w/ no electrical, sheetrock, opening into the existing home, no A/C, hot water heater etc.. Work started in May 2004- to this date Jan 2005 work is not completed, a sub contractor that was hired by my contractor (sheetrock & plumber)has not been paid although the sheetrock was delivered to the room. I cannot get in touch with the guy! Memphis Home Builders Assoc. has told me I have given him plenty of time to finish & make right- Builder who referred this contractor to me is at a loss-What are my options? Work has got to be finished soon-a portion of the roof where it meets the existing home has leaks & I am afraid it will seep into the walls & damage the exisitng room..Mold, mildew etc.-Please help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">