• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor took over a year to finish...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tidrizi

What is the name of your state? Virginia
We contracted for an all-season sunroom to be built off the back of our house. According to the contract (one sheet), it was supposed to be done July 4, 2003. It is now August 31, 2004 and the room only passed final inspection 3 weeks ago. Work didn't start until Aug 2003, no permits given to us or posted, no footer inspection, workers didn't show up most of the time, etc....
Sunroom failed inspection 9 times over a period of 8 months. We were promised remuneration by the General Manager. Now he sends a bill for the remaining balance ($2,205) which I will not pay. Can I take the company to court? Do I have a case? I have documented all the activities (or lack of) over the past year.

HomeGuru

tidrizi said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia
We contracted for an all-season sunroom to be built off the back of our house. According to the contract (one sheet), it was supposed to be done July 4, 2003. It is now August 31, 2004 and the room only passed final inspection 3 weeks ago. Work didn't start until Aug 2003, no permits given to us or posted, no footer inspection, workers didn't show up most of the time, etc....
Sunroom failed inspection 9 times over a period of 8 months. We were promised remuneration by the General Manager. Now he sends a bill for the remaining balance ($2,205) which I will not pay. Can I take the company to court? Do I have a case? I have documented all the activities (or lack of) over the past year.
**A: yes, yes and good job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">