• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damaged personal property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carlucci1129

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

The house I am renting had a major plumbing mishap. We were asked to temporarily move out while the hardwood floors were removed and new floors installed. Our garage was used as storage for some of our personal property during the construction. Our garage also serves as my office. The flooring contractor used our garage as their workshop during the construction and cut all hardwood in the garage with the doors closed. My two computers, LCD TV, two guitars and amplifiers were completely covered in sawdust. My electronic equipment now does not work. The flooring contractor was provided by my landlord's insurance company, and they will not pay for the damaged property. Do i need to give this to my insurance company, or do I need to sue the contractor, landlord, and landlord's insurance company. I have provided my landlord, his insurance company, and the contractor with pictures of the damaged equipment, and a summary of costs to replace the items with refurbished, like,equipment.

Is this a landlord tenant issue, or a contractor issue? Should I get a lawyer, or file a claim with my insurance?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

The house I am renting had a major plumbing mishap. We were asked to temporarily move out while the hardwood floors were removed and new floors installed. Our garage was used as storage for some of our personal property during the construction. Our garage also serves as my office. The flooring contractor used our garage as their workshop during the construction and cut all hardwood in the garage with the doors closed. My two computers, LCD TV, two guitars and amplifiers were completely covered in sawdust. My electronic equipment now does not work. The flooring contractor was provided by my landlord's insurance company, and they will not pay for the damaged property. Do i need to give this to my insurance company, or do I need to sue the contractor, landlord, and landlord's insurance company. I have provided my landlord, his insurance company, and the contractor with pictures of the damaged equipment, and a summary of costs to replace the items with refurbished, like,equipment.

Is this a landlord tenant issue, or a contractor issue? Should I get a lawyer, or file a claim with my insurance?
**A: notify your insurance co. and your landlord.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">