• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

define terms and subpoenas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nolawyerme

What is the name of your state? va
I am beginning arbitration proceedings against my joint venture partner, and would like to know the definition of hard and soft costs and out of pocket expenses. Also, I am trying to subpoena for all the hard backup documentation from my joint venture partner, and can't figure out the paperwork. Will I be able to see the subpoenaed information prior to the arbitration date? Also, If by some bizarre fluke the joint partner wins the arbitration juddgement, is he allowed also to ask for reimbursement of lawyers fees? Do arbitrators usually give this in their awards?
TIA

HomeGuru

nolawyerme said:
What is the name of your state? va
I am beginning arbitration proceedings against my joint venture partner, and would like to know the definition of hard and soft costs and out of pocket expenses. Also, I am trying to subpoena for all the hard backup documentation from my joint venture partner, and can't figure out the paperwork. Will I be able to see the subpoenaed information prior to the arbitration date? Also, If by some bizarre fluke the joint partner wins the arbitration juddgement, is he allowed also to ask for reimbursement of lawyers fees? Do arbitrators usually give this in their awards?
TIA
**A: you really need an attorney. Hire one.

N

nolawyerme

thanks for the free advice, certainly worth what I paid for it. Fortunately I was able to get my questions answered through another source.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">