• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied Sewage Disposal System Permit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2close2P

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I have been denied Sewage Disposal System Permit due to my neighbor
building/drilling their fresh water well too close to my property. He owns 3 adjacent lots to mine.

My property is only .5acres and the proposed layout of my field was part of the original developers plan.

I would like to solve this problem with my neighbor..amiably.

Suggestions?

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

By whom were you denied a sewage permit?

That authority is a place you might start, asking for a waiver or variance of their rules.

I know nothing about the laws in your commonwealth, so I couldn't tell you how to go about doing it!

JETX

Actually, the REAL answer to your question is 'very likely, you have no recourse'.... at least with the permit process.
And the reason.... your neighbor gets his water from that well and your proximity to it would be a healh/safety problem.
If you can prove that the neighbor has liability for locating his well, then you might get a court to force him to close-in that well, which might then remove the problem for you. But absent his closing that well, there is likely nothing you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">