• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deposit refund ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

biggdrum

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
October of 2003 I hired a builder to install a modular home. We came up with a price and decided it would be best to build in the spring of 2004. In order to "hold" our price into 2004 he needed a deposit to give the modular home company.

Long story short we can not go on with the project and recently found out that the builder did not forward our deposit money to the modular home company as we thought. We have already paid this guy a $1500.00 retainer fee, $1000.00 for plans from the modular home company (builder took $700.00 of the $1000.00) and paid him for a water hook up $11,000.00.

I will ask for the deposit back, do you see any problems here?? should I just get a lawyer and not even ask him??

Thanks, biggdrum

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">