• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

did landscaping with no permits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mattitckus

What is the name of your state? california

i did landscaping in my backyard and didnt get any permits for anything .
i put in a reatining wall that needed one , a hot tub with gas lines and electrical work , large patio .

we sold the house to some people who are now trying to get us to pay for a gas leak they detected 3 weeks after title was in there name . the home inspector didnt detect anything . either did there realtor . they now want us to pay to fix it and bring it to code !!

obviouslly we dont want to pay for any of it . we verbally told the buyers that there were no permits for anything . they didnt mind at all . some of the work was not to code , the gas line wasnt far enough in the ground . i did not know any of this wasnt done to code . just that it wasnt permitted !!

what can i do ???
what can the buyers do ??

thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">