• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did my builder misrepresent the property?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moose2112

What is the name of your state? VA

When we first went to the development we was met by the agents of the buyers who had the plat. They walked me and my wife through it pointing out at least one stake and several pink ribbons tied to trees and/or bushes. The property was supposed to be just over 2 acres which I have no way of visably distinguising but to trust their expertise and the plat they were looking at. Several months later, a big mound of dirt was dropped about half way through what we thought was our property. The dirt seemed to come from the roads they were building so, we assumed it was just there for lack of anywhere else to put it. When we contacted to agent about the dirt, she asked the builder who said that it was a divider between our property and the one behind us. We thought (because of the original walkthrough) that this property was ours. I know a little about "legal description" but I feel that perhaps my wife and I would have reconsidered if we knew we were not getting that full peice of land. What remedy do we have?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">