• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drywall defects completed at the one yr inspection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Goodgriefinindy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?IN

We built our home in 2003 with a well known local builder. At our one year inspection, their subcontracted drywallers came out to fix some minor defects in our walls and ceilings. After completion, I was shocked to find that the problem areas were even worse than before they started! Even the employees admitted that the work was unacceptable. After this, I spent the next 3 months trying to get them to repair the mess that they created. I heard every excuse possibly as to why they could not fix it (weather, time restraints, ect)..I finally spoke with the co-owner who did not seem too concerned and actually tried to push the fourth appointment back another month, so I told him that I was fed up and that I was going to get my lawyer involved. He shrugged me off. The problem is that I never actually had a lawyer and have spent the last few months trying to find out what I should do next. I do not think they should be able to push people around especially when it was there mistake. Am I eligible for compensation?

HomeGuru

Goodgriefinindy said:

We built our home in 2003 with a well known local builder. At our one year inspection, their subcontracted drywallers came out to fix some minor defects in our walls and ceilings. After completion, I was shocked to find that the problem areas were even worse than before they started! Even the employees admitted that the work was unacceptable. After this, I spent the next 3 months trying to get them to repair the mess that they created. I heard every excuse possibly as to why they could not fix it (weather, time restraints, ect)..I finally spoke with the co-owner who did not seem too concerned and actually tried to push the fourth appointment back another month, so I told him that I was fed up and that I was going to get my lawyer involved. He shrugged me off. The problem is that I never actually had a lawyer and have spent the last few months trying to find out what I should do next. I do not think they should be able to push people around especially when it was there mistake. Am I eligible for compensation?
**A: time to follow up on your threat.

John Se

so what exactly is the problem

Goodgriefinindy said:

After completion, I was shocked to find that the problem areas were even worse than before they started! Even the employees admitted that the work was unacceptable. Am I eligible for compensation?
What exactly is the problem?

Dont believe what every guy in construction tells you. They all know everything.

You are eligible to get your drywall fixed.

With construction workmanship defect you generally have to start with the State board of contractors or registrar of contractors, whoever takes care of the licensing and bonding.

doesnt surprise me that your builder isnt much interested in you drywall problems. I'm guessing he has bigger fish to fry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">