• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement Concession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeffc2000

What is the name of your state? Washington

I have been asked to sign a Termination / Relinquishment of easements document by a developer who wants to build houses in my area.

The developer has said that he will build a retaining wall to ensure that plat construction does not affect my land.

He sent me a signed letter (on his letterhead), but has not put in a 'Concessions' section in the T/R document.

Will a signed letter provide me (equivilent) legal protection, or do I need to have him document any concessions within the T/R document?

BelizeBreeze

Will a signed letter provide me (equivilent) legal protection, or do I need to have him document any concessions within the T/R document?
And what's the problem with paying a real estate attorney $200 to review the applicable law and advise you on LOCAL issues?

J

Jeffc2000

1. Time is of the essence.
2. I assume it is a general (black/white) question referring to generally accepted best practice.

HomeGuru

Jeffc2000 said:
1. Time is of the essence.

**A: then get moving and hire that attorney.
2. I assume it is a general (black/white) question referring to generally accepted best practice.

**A: yes, the best practice is to hire an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">