• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failed septic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikemac777

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware

When I moved to our home we decided to put a above ground pool in our back yard. We had a professional pool company install it. I had to get a permit from the county with a drawling of where the pool was to go and they verified it would be ok. After having the pool and deck in stalled and permit all approved I am now having septic problems. After having a septic coming out confirmed my pool and deck are sitting on the septic lines. They drawling the county has shows the lines going in a different direction. Do I have a case? If so with who?

FlyingRon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware

When I moved to our home we decided to put a above ground pool in our back yard. We had a professional pool company install it. I had to get a permit from the county with a drawling of where the pool was to go and they verified it would be ok. After having the pool and deck in stalled and permit all approved I am now having septic problems. After having a septic coming out confirmed my pool and deck are sitting on the septic lines. They drawling the county has shows the lines going in a different direction. Do I have a case? If so with who?
The county is completely immune to suits about this sort of thing. It's not their job to find all the deficiencies with what you intend to build.

There's a slight possibility that the pool installation company was negligent, but just because you're having problems now doesn't mean they necessarily were. You've not given enough information to make even a guess. What do you mean by "lines?" Typically a pool won't damage the piping if they were installed properly. If you're saying it was installed over the field, then yes it could compress the field and cause problems.

You could always sit down with the septic guys and the pool installer and see what the installer offers to help (relocating the pool or whatever).

STEPHAN

How old is the house? When was the septic build?

Did you inform the pool builder about the septic?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">