• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Found money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hhp

Washington state, One of the guys that I work with found money in a remodeling of a house. the new owner just bought the house and is waiting to move in after the remodel. It is very obvious that the money belonged to the prevous owner since is was in a old bank envolped which the bank had changed its name over 6 years ago and the newest date on the money is 1985. The prevous owner is dead so there is no way that I know to contact him. Who should get the money? New owner, Person that found it, or the company he works for?

HomeGuru

hhp said:
Washington state, One of the guys that I work with found money in a remodeling of a house. the new owner just bought the house and is waiting to move in after the remodel. It is very obvious that the money belonged to the prevous owner since is was in a old bank envolped which the bank had changed its name over 6 years ago and the newest date on the money is 1985. The prevous owner is dead so there is no way that I know to contact him. Who should get the money? New owner, Person that found it, or the company he works for?
**A: the owner of the home that the money was found in.

H

hexeliebe

My phone number is BR-549...call me for details of how to get the money to me. :D

H

hhp

We are only talking about $600.00 The money they found was behind a old water heater in a opening in the wall. I figured the new home owner should get it. The guys want to keep opening up more walls to see if there's more.

HomeGuru

hhp said:
We are only talking about $600.00 The money they found was behind a old water heater in a opening in the wall. I figured the new home owner should get it. The guys want to keep opening up more walls to see if there's more.
**A: yeah, knock down the entire house, there may be $200 more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">