• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GC took unauthorized photos of our home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tlvee

What is the name of your state?Washington

Our GC was absent for about 60% (at least) of our construction and did not perform any GC duties after framing and roofing. We are in an arbitration process and just received Discovery. In these documents are included at least 2 dozen photos of the interior of our completed home taken the day before we were granted occupancy. The home had locked doors to which nobody but us (owners) had the keys. The electrical inspector had apparently neglected to lock the door behind him when he left and GC entered our home without our knowledge or consent to take photos. The home was completely designed by me and the interior design was entirely my work. The photos show my unique concepts and use of materials, none of which my GC contributed to, none of the pictured handiwork was anything GC built or created, except for the framing.

Is this trespassing or theft? He has shown these photos to potential clients and used them to promote himself when this house was entirely my design.

HomeGuru

tlvee said:
What is the name of your state?Washington

Our GC was absent for about 60% (at least) of our construction and did not perform any GC duties after framing and roofing. We are in an arbitration process and just received Discovery. In these documents are included at least 2 dozen photos of the interior of our completed home taken the day before we were granted occupancy. The home had locked doors to which nobody but us (owners) had the keys. The electrical inspector had apparently neglected to lock the door behind him when he left and GC entered our home without our knowledge or consent to take photos. The home was completely designed by me and the interior design was entirely my work. The photos show my unique concepts and use of materials, none of which my GC contributed to, none of the pictured handiwork was anything GC built or created, except for the framing.

Is this trespassing or theft? He has shown these photos to potential clients and used them to promote himself when this house was entirely my design.
**A: it is trespassing so why have you not called the cops?

Last edited:

tlvee

we did not know of the existence of these photos until yesterday. they were taken March 15, 2004

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">