• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got a case????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kevin1212

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

Had an excavator come in and dig a foundation for my double wide. it included digging up and installing water and septic lines.
2 months after the job is done and some other not related legal issues I come to find he didn't get the septic inspected and it is not correct, I must get it redone.

I do not want this person on my property but I want the problem fixed and at his expense. what are my legal options here and how far can I push this?

thanks in advance
Kevin

HomeGuru

kevin1212 said:
What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

Had an excavator come in and dig a foundation for my double wide. it included digging up and installing water and septic lines.
2 months after the job is done and some other not related legal issues I come to find he didn't get the septic inspected and it is not correct, I must get it redone.

I do not want this person on my property but I want the problem fixed and at his expense. what are my legal options here and how far can I push this?

thanks in advance
Kevin
**A: what does your written contract state?

K

kevin1212

states that, he is to install h2O and septic completely.
also states in separate section that he is responsible for
all permits and inspections.
he also never completed back filling which is covered in the contract as "reclaimtion of the property"

thanks

HomeGuru

I meant what does your contract state with respect to what the parties agree to if the work is not acceptable? Most contracts have a "right to correct" clause.

K

kevin1212

I don't have a right to correct clause.

what are my options

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">