• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

had by contractor/seller

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bert304

What is the name of your state?pa
my spouse and I bought our 1st home 3mo.ago. We found an inexpensive home in the poconos area that was owned by a contractor who was in the process of renovating the home. I was uneasy about this but my spouse thouhgt I was a good deal because everything in the home was "suposedly re-done and new". We closed and 2 days later the water heater went. Ok we fixed it, then the same day the Hot tub stopped working, Two weeks after that we found out the house didn't have proper hook up for a propane tank and that it would cost us $500 to get it all hooked up properly. 2 days after we found this out we had a storm and the back of the roof started leaking. At the inspection we were told by the owner and inspector that the roof was in good shape and brand new. It has leaked through my walls and ruined my dinning room wall. All sheet rock needs to be replaced. We had quotes from roofers and they said that the roof was inproperly installed and there was 3 layers on there. To get it fixed we would need to have the shingles taken off.A new roof basically. 10,000 dollars! Can we go after this man and/or the inspection company. My home is now begining to get mold from the water leak. Please advise!

sandrabowers

Similiar Problem in MD

I live in MD and had almost the EXACT situation happen to me in Baltimore city, right down to the dining room being ruined. I did not see any replies posted so was wondering of the outcome for this poor PA person, as I need similiar advice in MD.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">