• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Heavy construction work all night long !!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deweydogg

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Bartow County, Georgia.

My home sits across the street from a 300 acre construction site where they are building a new Toyo tire plant. This is farm land, but local officials simply ignored our Land Use Map and put it here in the middle of pasture land so a rich man could get richer. Long story.....
Anyway, they are often working all night long, including turning on (strangely enough, they do this alot a 3:00 am) the brightest lights I have ever seen which hit my house directly. Needless to say, when these lights are on, my family cannot go back to sleep. My desciption cannot do it justice, because these lights are like the sun. I've taken numerous pictures. Anyway, we inquired long ago to our "local officials" and they stated that the worksite has a special permit and can do as they please. How in the world can this be true ? They are perfoming heavy, literally ground-shaking construction work all night long, and no one in my family is getting a good nights sleep! Surely there has to be a limit as to what they can get away with, regardless of how much corruption is in this county. What are my options ??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

deweydogg said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Bartow County, Georgia.

My home sits across the street from a 300 acre construction site where they are building a new Toyo tire plant. This is farm land, but local officials simply ignored our Land Use Map and put it here in the middle of pasture land so a rich man could get richer. Long story.....
Anyway, they are often working all night long, including turning on (strangely enough, they do this alot a 3:00 am) the brightest lights I have ever seen which hit my house directly. Needless to say, when these lights are on, my family cannot go back to sleep. My desciption cannot do it justice, because these lights are like the sun. I've taken numerous pictures. Anyway, we inquired long ago to our "local officials" and they stated that the worksite has a special permit and can do as they please. How in the world can this be true ? They are perfoming heavy, literally ground-shaking construction work all night long, and no one in my family is getting a good nights sleep! Surely there has to be a limit as to what they can get away with, regardless of how much corruption is in this county. What are my options ??

My response:

You have no options.

Do you actually believe that you're going to be able to stop a 300 acre Toyo Tire manufacturing facility that will bring much needed employment and tax dollars?

Yeah, that'll happen.

Here's one idea or two for you - - go to Wal-Mart and buy "black-out" curtains, and put your trailer on springs to ease the effects of the ground-shaking construction work.

IAAL

HomeGuru

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

....and put your trailer on springs to ease the effects of the ground-shaking construction work.

IAAL

**A: so they do sell shock absorbers for trailers?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

HomeGuru said:
**A: so they do sell shock absorbers for trailers?

My response:

Sure they do!

Haven't you seen those signs, "If the trailer is a rockin', don't come a knockin'"?

God, how I hate that stupid phrase . . .

IAAL

deweydogg

I see humor is the order of the day..

IAAL obviously assumes Georgia residence equals trailer. Funny. My question has nothing to do with shock absorbers for a mobile home, though if such a thing existed, it would most definitely have been developed in California, earthquake central (or is it mudslides and rolling blackouts now ?). Secondly, anyone can come up with "blackout curtains", as a law degree does not entitle one to such secret and priviledged information. Besides, as I mentioned in my original post, these lights look like the sun out at night, and curtains DO NOT work. Thanks for the insightful advice, though. Thirdly, I did not inquire as to how to stop a tire plant from being built. I inquired as to the legality of round the clock construction which has the effect of disturbing the peace. That's all. I would recommend you offer your services elsewhere, since you have no useful information to share in this forum. Have a wonderful day. :)

HomeGuru

deweydogg said:
IAAL obviously assumes Georgia residence equals trailer. Funny. My question has nothing to do with shock absorbers for a mobile home, though if such a thing existed, it would most definitely have been developed in California, earthquake central (or is it mudslides and rolling blackouts now ?). Secondly, anyone can come up with "blackout curtains", as a law degree does not entitle one to such secret and priviledged information. Besides, as I mentioned in my original post, these lights look like the sun out at night, and curtains DO NOT work. Thanks for the insightful advice, though. Thirdly, I did not inquire as to how to stop a tire plant from being built. I inquired as to the legality of round the clock construction which has the effect of disturbing the peace. That's all. I would recommend you offer your services elsewhere, since you have no useful information to share in this forum. Have a wonderful day. :)

**A: hey dogg, use your brain. Call the police and file a report.

John Se

contact the mayor:

Your local civic elected representative may be of some service, you see citizens vote, factorys dont vote. nameless faceless corporations dont vote.
just a thought. I do like the police report, then you would find out how they got the slack to violate the local peace laws in a residental neighborhood.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

John Se said:
Your local civic elected representative may be of some service, you see citizens vote, factorys dont vote. nameless faceless corporations dont vote.
just a thought. I do like the police report, then you would find out how they got the slack to violate the local peace laws in a residental neighborhood.

My response:

Really? Factories and corporations don't vote? What planet are you from, anyway?

Oh, and as for the police report, that'll get filed in the round file cabinet. Who the hell do you think allowed the construction in the first place? It was the local politicians! And, for the few who are complaining, those votes don't matter. What matters are the votes of those people who will now be employed, and of the ease on the tax burden when all those new "programs" are started, and road construction and repairs begin, etc., etc., etc., that all those millions of tax dollars will buy.

So, whom do you think has a better chance of getting their way - - you or Toyo? Yeah, you've got a chance at stopping them, alright.

From whom do you think Toyo got the "green light" from?

IAAL

Shel77

As horrible as this is and as much as I truly feel for you and your family. There is little to nothing you can do other than dealing with it by getting plywood and boarding up your windows. Honestly your best bet is to sell you home if you can not deal with it. Even aquiring an attory is not going to get you anywhere. What you need is a good realestate agent and a buyer that works nights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">