• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help regarding stop payment ck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ACS

Texas

Contractor I decided not to use his service anymore had a key to a building, he gave me the key and I paid the money due to him.

I went and checked the key to make sure it is the correct key. It was not. I called and the contractor, he told me that it was the correct key and that I didn't know how use it and not to bother him anymore.

Since the contractor and I parted on bad terms, I called the police and filed a misc. report. I had him double check me and tried the key himself. It did not work.

Since I do backing online, I stopped payment. I am changing the buildings door keys.

BTW, this contractor has provided me service with other jobs for the past year. Since I wasn't happy with the work with this job and his other recent job, I had to find another service provider.

Question: If he goes to a check cashing place (we bank at the same bank) instead of the bank and the store cashes the check will I be responsible to make the check good?

Is there anything else I need to be aware of to protect my business.....any other due diligence besides the police report ?

Looking forward to any help on this stressful matter.
ACS

HomeGuru

ACS said:
Texas

Contractor I decided not to use his service anymore had a key to a building, he gave me the key and I paid the money due to him.

I went and checked the key to make sure it is the correct key. It was not. I called and the contractor, he told me that it was the correct key and that I didn't know how use it and not to bother him anymore.

Since the contractor and I parted on bad terms, I called the police and filed a misc. report. I had him double check me and tried the key himself. It did not work.

Since I do backing online, I stopped payment. I am changing the buildings door keys.

BTW, this contractor has provided me service with other jobs for the past year. Since I wasn't happy with the work with this job and his other recent job, I had to find another service provider.

Question: If he goes to a check cashing place (we bank at the same bank) instead of the bank and the store cashes the check will I be responsible to make the check good?

Is there anything else I need to be aware of to protect my business.....any other due diligence besides the police report ?

Looking forward to any help on this stressful matter.
ACS
**A: confusing post.

ACS

If I stopped a check for payment, but the person cashed it at a conv. store, is the store out of money or will I be responsible for making up the funds to the store.

HomeGuru

ACS said:
If I stopped a check for payment, but the person cashed it at a conv. store, is the store out of money or will I be responsible for making up the funds to the store.

**A: direct your question to your bank that the check is drawn on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">