• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA Violations in AZ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nt_loader

About a year back my HOA sent me a violation letter since I built a firepit to close to a wall. The bylaws state a minimum setback of 5ft from any wall (The city doesnt require this and they are ok with the firepit).

Well I submitted letters of explanation basically pleading to keep the structure however they keep rejecting it. I have a feeling they will begin to fine me shortly.

What are my options at this point, besides tearing it down? Is there a max the HOA can charge me for violations in AZ? BTW I live in TX and the home is in AZ.

Thanks in adance

NC Aggie

About a year back my HOA sent me a violation letter since I built a firepit to close to a wall. The bylaws state a minimum setback of 5ft from any wall (The city doesnt require this and they are ok with the firepit).

Well I submitted letters of explanation basically pleading to keep the structure however they keep rejecting it. I have a feeling they will begin to fine me shortly.

What are my options at this point, besides tearing it down? Is there a max the HOA can charge me for violations in AZ? BTW I live in TX and the home is in AZ.

Thanks in adance
Well I'm assuming your HOA has penalties and fines outlined and as long as they stay within those guidelines I don't know if there is a maximum amount you can be charged. I believe if this bylaw is defined and you've violated it, then you may not have any recourse other than to remove it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">