• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

home owners association

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ROUSSELO

What is the name of your state? ca.

my wife and I are getting ready to do 100,000.00 in upgrades to our home. New window are the first. We got approval from our h.o.a. board for white vinyl windows. One thing however, is that we want to make two of our windows larger in our bedroom. The board gave us permission for this also, except they said they must be almond in color. They used this as leverage against us, because they really would rather have us do almond color throughout the house, and they know that we really want white. Other homes in the complex already have white windows, and our next door neighbor got permission to make a new window in his home.(white in color). Is there anything we can do to get permission for the enlarged windows to be white?

Thank You,

Brent Rousselo

HomeGuru

ROUSSELO said:
What is the name of your state? ca.

my wife and I are getting ready to do 100,000.00 in upgrades to our home. New window are the first. We got approval from our h.o.a. board for white vinyl windows. One thing however, is that we want to make two of our windows larger in our bedroom. The board gave us permission for this also, except they said they must be almond in color. They used this as leverage against us, because they really would rather have us do almond color throughout the house, and they know that we really want white. Other homes in the complex already have white windows, and our next door neighbor got permission to make a new window in his home.(white in color). Is there anything we can do to get permission for the enlarged windows to be white?

Thank You,

Brent Rousselo
**A: on what basis in the CC&R's is there a restriction on window color?

R

ROUSSELO

windows

There is no restriction on color of windows. However there are restrictions on structural modifications. We would be breaking out the wall to make the window bigger. That is where I get confused. They gave us permission to do this only if they got their way with the almond colored windows.

Thank You,

Brent Rousselo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">