• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowner is requesting WSIB # and a Statutory Declaration after cancelling contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrH7

I'm a General Contractor. I had a contract with a homeowner to provide home renovation services. The contract has been cancelled at the request of the homeowner. Only 10% of the work listed on the contract was completed. The homeowner is now requesting my WSIB number even though we don't have a contract anymore. Do I legally have to provide the homeowner with my WSIB number? Or is that request invalid since the contract has been cancelled and I'm no longer doing work for them. The request was never brought up when we signed the contract. They are also requesting a Statutory Declaration, which was never requested/not included when we signed the contract. They are requesting a Statutory Declaration to confirm I have paid my partner, who is also listed as a General Contractor alongside myself on the contract. Is a Statutory Declaration only required for sub-contractors? Since we are both listed as General Contractors, is the request for a Statutory Declaration invalid as well?

Thank you in advance

I'm from Ontario, Canada

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">