• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowner's Association Rules and Regulations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mpderivera

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Tennessee 37075 Sumner county

Hi,

I have a question on the new house we bought in the Sumner County of Tennessee with zip code of 37075. We bought this at the Mansker Farms subdivision in 2001 and moved in on February of 2003. In the summer of this year (2004), I needed an extra space so I built a 6’ x 8’ shed on the right side of my yard. However, the Homeowner’s Association of our subdivision is asking me to tear it down because it was against the rules and regulations of the Homeowner’s Association. My question is “Does the homeowner’s association really have this right?” I am not sure of signing any agreement or contract with them about this rules and regulations. And since the shed is not visible outside my house (as it is being covered by my fence along the yard) and does not really offend or affect any of my neighbors, can I just ask the Homeowner's Association to have me pay a penalty instead of tearing it down. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

xxx

HomeGuru

mpderivera said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Tennessee 37075 Sumner county

Hi,

I have a question on the new house we bought in the Sumner County of Tennessee with zip code of 37075. We bought this at the Mansker Farms subdivision in 2001 and moved in on February of 2003. In the summer of this year (2004), I needed an extra space so I built a 6’ x 8’ shed on the right side of my yard. However, the Homeowner’s Association of our subdivision is asking me to tear it down because it was against the rules and regulations of the Homeowner’s Association. My question is “Does the homeowner’s association really have this right?” I am not sure of signing any agreement or contract with them about this rules and regulations. And since the shed is not visible outside my house (as it is being covered by my fence along the yard) and does not really offend or affect any of my neighbors, can I just ask the Homeowner's Association to have me pay a penalty instead of tearing it down. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

xxx
**A: you do not need to have signed any agreement since the recorded CC&R's are the rules you must follow. Welcome to the world of HOA living.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">