• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can i find if builder has lien on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VinnieL

What is the name of your state? NJ, how can if find out if the builder or his sub contractor has lien on my property, my house was paid in full before he started working on it and now I had to sue him. Looks like he is fraud and crooked builder.What is the name of your state?

EagleStar

There might be a internet system in your state for the NJ equivalent of the superior courts (of GA). But otherwise you will prolly need to go to your county courthouse and look up your name there. The Clerks office may be able to help you look yourself up. This would be the same courthouse/clerks office that handles mortgages, deeds, and plats.

I am sorry if this doesn't help but thats how it works in Georgia.
After a Google search it does look like you need to go to the Superior Court (and that is what NJ calls it, or so it seems) And i don't see a online system but i may have missed it. Usually they have a lien book or a computer database you can look through at the courthouse.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? NJ, how can if find out if the builder or his sub contractor has lien on my property, my house was paid in full before he started working on it and now I had to sue him. Looks like he is fraud and crooked builder.What is the name of your state?
**A: order a title search.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">