• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I find out the builder's name?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandrabowers

What is the name of your state? MD

I closed on my renovated Baltimore city rowhome this past October. Had an inspection done, only piece that was graded "fair" but passed was the chimney (note made that it's getting old), everything else was good. Roof (rubber-coated flat) was estimated to be only a year old with an approximate life expectancy of 12 more years.

Shortly after moving in, we noticed more and more water damage coming through the wall where the chimney goes through, so we knew the chimney (and/or the roof, or sealing around the chimney) was leaking. Then, just this week, after two days of rain, the bedroom ceiling started dripping, so now we know the roof is leaking. It's getting worse by the day and I know mold is accumulately quickly.

I called the home inspector and they said to call the lender to see who did the roof certification. The lender said none was required because the home inspector passed the roof in good condition. Called the listing agent who promised to put me in touch with the builder, but the listing agent won't give me the builder's name/number and he has yet to call me. I need to know who put the roof on, when, and if there is a warranty I can envoke. Also, why was existing water damage obviously painted over on the walls where the chimney is? (Textured paint should have been my first clue.)

Question: the home inspector passed the roof with flying colors and now it's leaking? I don't know the name of the builder to find out who put the roof on and the listing agent is avoiding me now. What should I do? :mad:

Thanks,
Frustrated New Home Owner - Sandra

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">