• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ilegal additions please help!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ursee222

What is the name of your state? California
Last year My neighbor sold his house, a young guy bought it all of the sudden we saw lots of construction material around and a couple of workers well we thought he was fixing the property anyway in the last couple of months the parking has became a luxury in my block first this ever happens so I started to pay attention to my neighbors and realize this man has split added built 10 separate so call singles each with bath and kitchen, he used the garages and the back yard,
I really know nothing on building codes but I doubt this is legal, would someone tell me where to call or who handles this kind of situation, I am afraid a fire or something may happen with this entire people living there
Thank you
Ursee

HomeGuru

ursee222 said:
What is the name of your state? California
Last year My neighbor sold his house, a young guy bought it all of the sudden we saw lots of construction material around and a couple of workers well we thought he was fixing the property anyway in the last couple of months the parking has became a luxury in my block first this ever happens so I started to pay attention to my neighbors and realize this man has split added built 10 separate so call singles each with bath and kitchen, he used the garages and the back yard,
I really know nothing on building codes but I doubt this is legal, would someone tell me where to call or who handles this kind of situation, I am afraid a fire or something may happen with this entire people living there
Thank you
Ursee

**A: call the building and zoning inspectors.

John Se

He means call and see if they have a permit

your city building department will know. If he doesnt then he will get red tagged and get in deep crap

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">