• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inspector's authority??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

taylorjm

What is the name of your state? Michigan

We are in the process of having a new furnace and air conditioner installed, the contractor pulled the proper permits, but he noticed that we recently replaced our hot water heater and asked if we pulled a permit for it. I didn't know we were required to pull a permit for a water heater replacement, and didn't. The contractor is concerned that when the inspector comes to check the new furnace, that he will notice the new hot water heater and hold up approving the new furnace. The question is, if the inspector is coming to approve the furnace, can he also inspect anything else for violations? Do they have free reign over anything else they see in the home? I'm pretty sure the water heater is fine, but I don't want to bring it up unless absolutely necessary due to some past problems with our township....

Thanks.

HomeGuru

This one is a duplicate since I responded to your other one. Or the other one could be a duplicate of this one. You choose. Either way, you posted 2 duplicate threads. Only one is allowed.

taylorjm

Again...

Again, can you show me please where this has been duplicated? I only posted one question, and I can only find it in one place....

taylorjm

Thanks

Well, thanks then for taking so much time to explain the reason why your not posting a response to my question, in half the time it took for you to insist that I posted this question already, (and who knows when this happened because it was "deleted", and since I haven't posted a question on this board in over a year), you could have posted your response. I know I would appreciate in the future that if you make an accusation that someone has created a duplicate post, that you first make sure that you have the proof required before you make such a statement. Right now, it just looks like your some kind of "know it all" that remembers every post a single person makes in the past 2 years, yet doesn't have the facts to back it up. I think you should change your screen name. The dictionary defines a "guru" as being "A trusted counselor and adviser; a mentor." Yet, if you don't have the facts to back up your accusations, you can't be trusted as any kind of counselor or advisor, and your advice cannot be considered trusted if you don't first check the facts to make sure you are correct.

HomeGuru

taylorjm said:
Well, thanks then for taking so much time to explain the reason why your not posting a response to my question, in half the time it took for you to insist that I posted this question already, (and who knows when this happened because it was "deleted", and since I haven't posted a question on this board in over a year), you could have posted your response. I know I would appreciate in the future that if you make an accusation that someone has created a duplicate post, that you first make sure that you have the proof required before you make such a statement. Right now, it just looks like your some kind of "know it all" that remembers every post a single person makes in the past 2 years, yet doesn't have the facts to back it up. I think you should change your screen name. The dictionary defines a "guru" as being "A trusted counselor and adviser; a mentor." Yet, if you don't have the facts to back up your accusations, you can't be trusted as any kind of counselor or advisor, and your advice cannot be considered trusted if you don't first check the facts to make sure you are correct.

**A: Am I pissed. I posted an answer to your question and you deleted the entire thread. So you are not going to get any help from me.

HomeGuru

Jeff, I located in my cache your other duplicate thread that I responded to that you responded to yesterday and confirmed that you deleted the thread.
You are trying to play games here you lying sob.

taylorjm

Alright...

Ok, well I'm going to stop with the name calling, because there is obviously a technical problem here, and its not my fault, nor is it yours. You mentioned that I deleted the thread, and I did not do that, nor did I ever receive an email telling me your first response. I have it set to send me an email when someone respondes to my post, and I never received anything from you for this question except the first message of "duplicate post". Somehow, the thread was deleted after you posted your response, and it wasn't from me, and then it was reinstated. The only other possibility there could be was I changed my password to one I could remember easier during that same time frame. I did not post more than one message, nor did I delete a thread, and I'm not sure as to what happened. With that said, I apologize for my previous posts accusing you of not having your facts straight. It seems that you obviously did post a response, then something happened with the forums which caused the message to be deleted or possibly restored this forum to a previous date and time to before your response was posted.

I'm sorry for the name calling.
Jeff

HomeGuru

taylorjm said:
Ok, well I'm going to stop with the name calling, because there is obviously a technical problem here, and its not my fault, nor is it yours. You mentioned that I deleted the thread, and I did not do that, nor did I ever receive an email telling me your first response. I have it set to send me an email when someone respondes to my post, and I never received anything from you for this question except the first message of "duplicate post". Somehow, the thread was deleted after you posted your response, and it wasn't from me, and then it was reinstated. The only other possibility there could be was I changed my password to one I could remember easier during that same time frame. I did not post more than one message, nor did I delete a thread, and I'm not sure as to what happened. With that said, I apologize for my previous posts accusing you of not having your facts straight. It seems that you obviously did post a response, then something happened with the forums which caused the message to be deleted or possibly restored this forum to a previous date and time to before your response was posted.

I'm sorry for the name calling.
Jeff
**A: Ok Jeff, I guess it's either bugs or ghosts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">