• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

issues in closing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spoofee

What is the name of your state? TX

I am supposed to close my new house in 3 days from now. I have given list of issues to the builder to fix and many things are still pending. Last Saturday I found that the Tiles on my family room are two different shades. I asked builder to fix it and they refused to fix it saying its an acceptable variance.

I have made all other arrangement for the closing and packed alomost 70%, given notice to the Apt to vacent the Apt after 5 days.

I need some advise. What should I do? Not close the house? Could builder walk away from not fixing things link this?

I would appreciate your serious input.

Thanks,
SM.

HomeGuru

spoofee said:
What is the name of your state? TX

I am supposed to close my new house in 3 days from now. I have given list of issues to the builder to fix and many things are still pending. Last Saturday I found that the Tiles on my family room are two different shades. I asked builder to fix it and they refused to fix it saying its an acceptable variance.

I have made all other arrangement for the closing and packed alomost 70%, given notice to the Apt to vacent the Apt after 5 days.

I need some advise. What should I do? Not close the house? Could builder walk away from not fixing things link this?

I would appreciate your serious input.

Thanks,
SM.
**A: is the tile a whiter shade of pale?

spoofee

HomeGuru,

What builders told me is that they are the same tile I selected in design center but they could be from two different batches so there would be a slight variance in the shade of the tiles.

The tiles that look different are laid together and are apprx 15 to 20. So I think that they mixed boxes.

I hope this helps.

HomeGuru

spoofee said:
HomeGuru,

What builders told me is that they are the same tile I selected in design center but they could be from two different batches so there would be a slight variance in the shade of the tiles.

The tiles that look different are laid together and are apprx 15 to 20. So I think that they mixed boxes.

I hope this helps.

**A: have the project architect and/or interior designer or a certified flooring contractor conduct an inspection. Also contact the ceramic hard tile supplier rep and have then take a look.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">