• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just Settled, Demo'd, found structural damage

• Thread starter RealEstateGuyPa
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RealEstateGuyPa

What is the name of your state? PA

We just settled on an investment property. We did not have an inspector check the property out prior to closing. After Closing we got the permit to demo...did the demo....and found....the addition, in the rear of the property is separated from the main structure. Its worse on the 2nd floor(5in gap) than the first floor(1in gap). On top of that, I can see the neighbors drywall through the opening. I know its got to come down.....question is...Do I have legal recourse ? How do I handle the neighbors - should their drywall come down when we take down this obviously defective addition ? Please inform.....much appreciated. [email protected]

HomeGuru

RealEstateGuyPa said:
What is the name of your state? PA

We just settled on an investment property. We did not have an inspector check the property out prior to closing. After Closing we got the permit to demo...did the demo....and found....the addition, in the rear of the property is separated from the main structure. Its worse on the 2nd floor(5in gap) than the first floor(1in gap). On top of that, I can see the neighbors drywall through the opening. I know its got to come down.....question is...Do I have legal recourse ? How do I handle the neighbors - should their drywall come down when we take down this obviously defective addition ? Please inform.....much appreciated. [email protected]

**A: you did not have an inspection so you liable. Contact a GC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">