• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Last Payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilyrubin

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Nevada
I hired a contractor to put a pool in and it has been a nightmare from the beginning. We have finished the last stage of the pool 3 weeks ago but these problems exist, the plumbing of the pumps are put in incorrectly Poor backflow and bad cavitation which causes noise and extreme wear on the motors, the deck is extremely sloppy, the pool has a leak and it has been over 3 weeks since final plaster was done. It is virtually impossible to get a call back and when I do they promise to come by but never show. The owner keeps calling me to make my final payment which was supposed to be made at final plastering but I am hesitant because of all these problems. My main concern is that he keeps telling me he will put a lien on my house for the money. I keep explaining to him that I have the money but since there are so many problems with such a lack of follow through I want to wait for the pool to be done to my satisfaction. What is my position here do I pay the final 11,000.00 or do I let them put a lien on my house. With me being so unsatisfied can he even force me to pay him.
Dominic

HomeGuru

lilyrubin said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Nevada
I hired a contractor to put a pool in and it has been a nightmare from the beginning. We have finished the last stage of the pool 3 weeks ago but these problems exist, the plumbing of the pumps are put in incorrectly Poor backflow and bad cavitation which causes noise and extreme wear on the motors, the deck is extremely sloppy, the pool has a leak and it has been over 3 weeks since final plaster was done. It is virtually impossible to get a call back and when I do they promise to come by but never show. The owner keeps calling me to make my final payment which was supposed to be made at final plastering but I am hesitant because of all these problems. My main concern is that he keeps telling me he will put a lien on my house for the money. I keep explaining to him that I have the money but since there are so many problems with such a lack of follow through I want to wait for the pool to be done to my satisfaction. What is my position here do I pay the final 11,000.00 or do I let them put a lien on my house. With me being so unsatisfied can he even force me to pay him.
Dominic
**A: hire an attorney to help you. Do not pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">