• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Late construction, job not completed on time..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

don abbott

What is the name of your state? I live in California.

I paid a window contractor 1/4th down to enclose my rear porch when he promised to have the job completed by July 1, 2003. He wrote on the sales slip (my only contract) that the job would be complete by July 1, 2003 and it is signed by him. As of July 11, 2003, the windows are still not installed.

Shouldn't the contractor be willing to give me a price break -- assuming he completes the job to my satisfaction or do I have to take him to Small Claims Court?

Is failing to meet a completion date a breach of specific performance? Could I win if I took the contractor to Small Claims Court?

HomeGuru

don abbott said:
What is the name of your state? I live in California.

I paid a window contractor 1/4th down to enclose my rear porch when he promised to have the job completed by July 1, 2003. He wrote on the sales slip (my only contract) that the job would be complete by July 1, 2003 and it is signed by him. As of July 11, 2003, the windows are still not installed.

Shouldn't the contractor be willing to give me a price break -- assuming he completes the job to my satisfaction or do I have to take him to Small Claims Court?

Is failing to meet a completion date a breach of specific performance? Could I win if I took the contractor to Small Claims Court?
**A: can you tell me what the Consumer Protection office advises when hiring a contractor?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">