• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaking Basement, Shingles that won't lay flat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AnnoyedinOhio

What is the name of your state? Ohio
We had our house built and moved in last May. We have a 15-year warranty for a dry basement and a 20-year structural warranty. I have called the builder many times about the basement and have logged what has been done. I have taken pictures of the basement when it is wet and called another company to look at the basement. The other company said we do have problems gave us an estimate and said our builder could call them. Our builder acted like the other company did not know what they were talking about. Our builder is still trying to figure out why it is leaking.

Now our some of our shingles are coming off and they don't seem to even have sealed. I had the builder come out and look at them and they nailed some of them back down.

When is the right time to give up on the builder and go to court? I have tried to keep track of everything on a calendar just in case.

Any suggestions?

HomeGuru

AnnoyedinOhio said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
We had our house built and moved in last May. We have a 15-year warranty for a dry basement and a 20-year structural warranty. I have called the builder many times about the basement and have logged what has been done. I have taken pictures of the basement when it is wet and called another company to look at the basement. The other company said we do have problems gave us an estimate and said our builder could call them. Our builder acted like the other company did not know what they were talking about. Our builder is still trying to figure out why it is leaking.

Now our some of our shingles are coming off and they don't seem to even have sealed. I had the builder come out and look at them and they nailed some of them back down.

When is the right time to give up on the builder and go to court? I have tried to keep track of everything on a calendar just in case.

Any suggestions?
**A: you need to start writing certified rrr letters demanding performance under your construction contract and warranties. See a construction defect litigation attorney.

F

featherh131

I can relate to your problems kind of going through the same thing but worse. Try your hardest to avoid going to court because it takes a LONG time. We have been in a law suit going on two years with our builder. Just keep writing letters and try calling everyday it ought to annoy them enough to get this resolved

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">