• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaking Roof

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mchwig

What is the name of your state? calif.

I have an 8 yr old home with a "lifetime" tile roof. This roof began leaking 5 yrs ago, I contacted the builder, who sent the roofing contractor out. Their finding was debris in the valley and told me to keep that part of the roof clean. I've kept that valley clean now for 4 years and the leak persists. Two other roofing contractors have identified the problem as a design flaw. I have found 3 other houses of the same model in the tract that have leaks in the same areas.
Is the builder still responsible and would a small claims suit be winnable?

JETX

It is possible that your allowing this leak to exist for FIVE years may be used against you in any legal action.

Read your warranty and see EXACTLY what it covers and what you need to do to make a claim. Then do it, in WRITING. If the guarantor refuses or fails to respond, THEN you might be able to consider legal action.

HomeGuru

mchwig said:
What is the name of your state? calif.

I have an 8 yr old home with a "lifetime" tile roof. This roof began leaking 5 yrs ago, I contacted the builder, who sent the roofing contractor out. Their finding was debris in the valley and told me to keep that part of the roof clean. I've kept that valley clean now for 4 years and the leak persists. Two other roofing contractors have identified the problem as a design flaw. I have found 3 other houses of the same model in the tract that have leaks in the same areas.
Is the builder still responsible and would a small claims suit be winnable?
**A: have your own expert roofing consultant complete an inspection, have the roofing product manufacturer complete an inspection and consult with a construction defect attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">